This webpage contains a collection of bedside resources for the practitioner who is providing bedside nursing care for adults with congenital heart disease (CHD). These patients may be hospitalized in either an adult or pediatric facility. These resources have been developed by a group of advance practice nurses from around the country with the goal of providing a quick, comprehensive overview of the bedside care for the nurse at the point of care. Each topic in this outline may be opened, printed, and taken to the bedside for quick reference or serve as a guideline for further investigation on the care or problems that are presented by the ACHD patient. Every effort has been made to provide the most current, up-to-date practice recommendations however institutional differences may occur.
You must be a current PCICS Member to log in and access the resources below.
- Adult Congenital Heart Disease Resources – Original Writing Group
- Intro and Table of Contents for the Revised ACHD Guidelines
- Anticoagulation with Warfarin
- Arrhythmias in ACHD
- Comfort Management
- Discharge Guidelines
- Eisenmenger Syndrome & Cyanotic Congenital Heart Disease
- Postoperative Glycemic Control
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Pulmonic Ventricular Dysfunction
- Pregnancy and Congenital Heart Disease